[Xastir] Had to tighten up security on the Wiki

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 16:18:55 EDT 2014

Good gosh,

  I didn't realize there were so many evil bastids out there.  Kurt KC9LDH

 Subject: [Xastir] Had to tighten up security on the Wiki
 To: xastir at xastir.org
 Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014, 4:41 PM

 The dog/cat captcha we were using is no more.  The
 service we were using (Asirra) was discontinued earlier this
 month.  This made it so that NOBODY could edit the
 wiki.

 I switched to the simple math captcha yesterday.  That
 only lasted a few hours before I discovered 100 new accounts
 along with associated wiki pages.  After cleaning those
 out, I locked down the Wiki so that only Admins can create
 new Wiki accounts.

 If you'd like a Wiki account and can convince me that you
 have the best interests of the project in mind, send me an
 e-mail.  I'll create a new account that will require
 e-mail verification to activate it, then you'll be up and
 running without any captcha at all for your edits.

 It looks like Chuck Byam and Tom Russo can create accounts
 as well.  Just send a request to the mailing list if
 you forget who can help you.

 --
 Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
 APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html