[Xastir] Had to tighten up security on the Wiki

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:06:27 EDT 2014

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014, Tate B wrote:

> I run 4 Mediawiki sites and I've gone one step further by installing an
> extension: ConfirmAccount -
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount

Thanks!

Between the Wikis and mailing lists I run (several lists besides Xastir), I'm already tired of the auto-generated stuff I have to read through and make a decision on.

I'm going to leave the Xastir Mediawiki user account request as-is until/unless I get too much pushback from users.  It currently tells people to contact one of the admins directly or via the mailing list.  If they can get that accomplished, we know they're a real human on the other end.

I marked your message so i can find it more easily later should I decide to switch.  Appreciated!

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html