[Xastir] nws-stations.txt

Eric H. Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Sat Feb 14 08:53:25 EST 2015

I'm a bit confused on setting up my nws-stations.txt file.  I've seen two example files on the Internet that seemed to, inadvertently, contradict themselves with my particular case.

I'm trying to gate out weather alerts; specifically ones from LMX.  One example I saw seemed to just list LMX in the list.  That didn't work.  I tried a wildcard of LMX* but that doesn't seem to work either.  I've also tried to list alerts specifically (LMXTOR, LMXWSW, etc) but I don't see this working and even if it did there seems to be a few codes[0] that you'd need to include to get everything (and maybe I don't really want everything?).

Other stations that I have listed in the file are being gated out, just not the weather alerts.  Anyone have a working example?

[0] http://www.aprs-is.net/WX/ProdCodes.aspx

73,
Eric W4OTN