[Xastir] Thanks

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:20:36 EDT 2015

I am sorry about the last email that may have sounded demanding etc. The
large bike event here in the mountains of Colorado was sneaking up on us
and I needed to get stuff done quickly.

Everything wen't very smoothly. My XASTIR APRS station with an altoids can
sound card TNC was really interesting everyone using their UI-View. I
haven't even tested messaging, but when we got there, messaging wen't very
smoothly as well, eleminating conversation on the repeater.

Thanks everybody on this email group for spending time to help me out.
Without the help of everybody on the list, I would not have built a
reliable, working APRS station and would have probably had to borrow
equipment from other people. Being in High school, I don't have any money
for fancy stuff.

Here are a few pictures of my homebrew setup:

*Altoids packet TNC:*

http://i62.tinypic.com/1zn7778.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/ivfwg3.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/bdks2s.jpg

*(non XASTIR related, homeade cross-band repeater for the event while we
were parked):*

http://tinypic.com/r/24g8ta1/8

http://tinypic.com/r/241r2wz/8

http://tinypic.com/r/29ve1c5/8

73
Skyler Fennell
KD0WHB
amsatnet.info (colorado amateur satellite net)