[Xastir] fonts

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:16:28 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Jerry Wetherholt
<mrfixit2003_975 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is xfontsel something I get from Ubuntu software center or web based program?

It's an old X11 utility.  It's on my ubuntu machine and i didn't do
anything special to get it, beyond loading what i needed to build
xastir.

if you bring up file -> configure -> fonts, there's a button beside
each entry that says "xfontsel".  If the utility is loaded, xastir
will run it for you.  you can play with settings until you find one
you like, then copy the font string and paste it back into the xastir
dialog.

There are different ways of specifying size, too (pick one, don't try
both).  pxlsz looks like pixel size in points, and ptSz (what I
referred to earlier) is the one in tenths of a point.

"slant" is usually o = oblique = italics or r = regular

-Jason
kg4wsv