[Xastir] UI-view Maps not working

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 7 09:54:47 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 07:46:28AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <electricity440 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I am running Xastir under Mac, and got a UI-view inf file from here:
>
> http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/aprs/uiview/north_america.zip
>
> I then converted the inf file to a geo file using the script inf2geo.pl
>
> I then selected the new geo map in the map menu, and clicked on Apply. The
> map did not show up in the North America region. Is there anything else I
> have to do or do these maps not work.

That is the way you're supposed to do it, and I just downloaded that zip
file, converted the inf to geo with the script, reindexed maps and chose it,
and the map showed up just fine.

Do you have ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed, is Xastir linked against
it, and are you able to view any other .geo maps?  Does your console output
show any error messages?  What does your "Help->About" dialog show under
"Libraries used?"