[Xastir] UI-view Maps not working

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 7 10:39:28 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 08:28:55AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <electricity440 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>    Yes, I got an error when I selected the map:
>    convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too
>    low):18446744073696714031
>    TBD: I don't think we can deal with colorspace != RGB

Ah.  Well.  Ah.

Not sure what the out-of-range thing is about (I saw it, too, even though the
map works fine for me), but the "I don't think we can deal with colorspace !=
RGB" is a big problem.  It means that ImageMagick has told Xastir that it has
read an image with a non-RGB colorspace.  That's an indication that ImageMagick
has done something stupid.

It may well be that your ImageMagick has been compiled with some option that
makes it incompatible with Xastir (there are a lot of those, they keep adding
more with every release, and break things that used to work --- it's why
most Xastir developers hate ImageMagick and have switched to GraphicsMagick).

Please look again at your Help->About box, and look towards the bottom where
you'll see something similar to:

  GraphicsMagick 1.3.20 2014-08-16 Q16 http://www.GraphicsMagick.org

(obviously, yours will have ImageMagick and other text instead)

This might point to the configuration differences that are making it not
work.