[Xastir] Maps won't cache

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 11:28:31 EDT 2015

I have xastir running on Ubuntu. I installed it there to get sound modem
working. I have open street maps on there and want to use them offline.

However, when I move from a zone that isn't cached to a zone that is, all
of the cached maps are deleted. This did not happen on Mac, just Ubuntu.

Is there an option that I have set wrong or is there a bug in xastir? What
good maps with roads, lakes and more does anyone recommend that I can
download offline? If the open street maps offline is not going to work, I
guess I have to find something else.

I am trying to get xastir working for an event coming up, but there are
just too many issues I have been encountering, and I don't know how to do
anything.

Thanks
Skyler
KDØWHB