[Xastir] /dev/ttyS0 permissions

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:18:50 EDT 2015

>From the control panel or administrative panel -  find 'groups and users'
editor
(at some point you should be asked for a password - for admin capapbilities)
Open your user to show its groups
click on groups (that your user has got lists as being a member of)
find 'dialout'  add a tick next to that.

Log out and in.
Then it  should work.

>From memory and normally using Mint - you can do it via terminal  - worth
looking up and learning.

Regards
Dave H G0CER

On 22 May 2015 at 17:06, Dale Seaburg <kg5lt at verizon.net> wrote:

> I know this has been dealt before but was not able to find in my lists of
> digests:
> I cannot open a serial port unless I run xastir as root.  Simple answer,
> but I'm blank.  Poor memory!  LOL
>
> Dale.  KG5LT

73 Dave H G0CER
http://www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?G0CER