[Xastir] Script to cache some maps

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 18:08:11 EST 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM, David Ranch <xastir at trinnet.net> wrote:

> None of the attachments made it through but I can wait for the OSM specific
> ones.  Tigermaps is dead and has been dead for some time now so there isn't
> much point to talk about it to new(ish) users like me.

Do you mean like these?

  https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger.html

They're not dead, they just switched to ESRI Shapefile format, which
works fine for Xastir. I was tempted to say "mostly dead" to see if
anyone knew the movie reference.

Regarding the attachments, we may have attachments turned off on the
mailing list, so Xastir.org might be stripping them.

--
Curt, WE7U