[Xastir] submit a bug?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:11:06 EDT 2015

This is as good a place as any to report a bug.

That was purposefully added in a few years back, so it's not
technically a bug.  However, it might be worth changing, as I can see
how/why one would want to have nothing in the comment field.  For one,
it makes fewer bits that have to be correctly decoded in order to
receive the packet.  Another is efficiency.

The latest version is 2.0.6 (2.0.7 if you're running CVS), but I'm
pretty sure that bit of code hasn't changed in a while, so what you're
reporting is most likely still there.

Let me take a look at this in the next couple of days.  I'll consider
yanking it out.

Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 9:04 AM,  <m3tmh at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is the right place or not to submit a bug:
>
> Xastir 2.0.4
>
> Station comment field defaults to "XASTIR-Linux" when comment field left blank. As much as I like xastir, I would prefer the comment field stay blank when I set it this way. I have manually edited the /.xastir/config/xastir.cnf but this doesn't stop the comment being reset next time I restart xastir.
>
> 73
>
> gregg

Curt, WE7U