[Xastir] Another test: was originally: Re: Query on symbol ghosting

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Wed Apr 6 08:02:38 GMT 2016

To test Curt's fixes to the list, and to avoid another test message without
real content this is a repost of something I sent last month that got eaten.

Ken

On Friday, March 11, 2016 4:20:23 PM PDT Lee Bengston wrote:
> To Xastir development team,
>
> Please use the program as much as possible for your own use so that bugs
> annoy you and get fixed.
>
> Lee - K5DAT
>
> P. S.  Thanks for the updates, Curt.  My 8 year old daughter likes to watch
> the planes on screen and then runs to the door to look outside when she
> knows one is coming close.

During the testing I've been doing for Curt my 91 year young mother had me
hollering to her when the planes would be coming by so she could go over to
the window and look. (we're only a few miles south of SeaTac and right on the
flight path)

That got old real quick, so I'm using an alternative.
For those of you with a Google ChromeCast and a big screen, Google's Chrome
browser has a plugin that will cast any screen or window (at least on Linux).
So I'm casting the Xastir window and she watches on the big screen.

You might also want to select larger fonts, but beware, xastir doesn't scale
fonts well because it has fixed offsets when you turn on things like altitude
and speed.  I need to tie them to selected font size but haven't figured out
exactly how to do that yet.  Hard coded works great,  but I need to pass in
the selected font size.

Ken, N7IPB

P.S.  Thanks to Curt I now have three dongles,  a plethora of connecting
cables, a multiport hub to handle them all, a discone antenna and a splitter
to feed them with.    It's just money...

--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
"I have now exceeded my BFS (Budget For Stupid) for the month" - Me to  WE7U