[Xastir] headers

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:58:06 GMT 2016

This just needed an AAAA in DNS for the ipv6 address. I had one in there
but commented out, from the config for the last server. Not a big deal at
all, just normal DNS maintenance. We weren't using ipv6 on the previous
server.

Sending email out from a server got much more difficult in the last few
years due to SPF getting implemented most places. That's a good thing for
users as it reduces the amount of spam from unknown servers greatly. After
a bit of reading and tweaking DNS, servers which are set up properly can
still get their email accepted by other servers. The original reported
problem has to do with SPF plus an unknown ipv6 address, now that address
should be known (once DNS catches up everywhere).

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:33 PM, <mgmadden at internode.on.net> wrote:

> maybe the transition from 4 to 6 (ip's) is not going to be all that
> smooth,pity.

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u
http://www.sarguydigital.com