[Xastir] Potential migration of Xastir to github

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Apr 11 12:16:49 GMT 2016

Curt and I are talking about the possibility of migrating Xastir's version
control from sourceforge+cvs to github+git.  If we do it, we're thinking about
maybe getting it done in June.

I've been doing dry-run conversions of our CVS repo to git, and in doing so
found that it is best done by associating email addresses with sourceforge
user IDs.

I've got most of the contributors down, but in a few cases used people's
"user at users.sourceforge.net" as defaults.  Turns out a lot of the
people who contributed to Xastir in the past already have github accounts
associated with one of their email addresses.

To make this process go smoothly (if we decide to do it at all), it'd be
best if I had good email addresses for all of the people who have ever
contributed to Xastir CVS.

These are the folks I don't quite know about, and had to guess at:

    'kg4ijb'  : 'Chuck Byam <>',
    'gstueve'   : 'Gerald Stueve <>',
    'dk7in'     : 'Rolf Bleher <>',
    'n0vh'      : 'Jim Chandler <>',
    'kd6zwr'    : 'Chris Bell <>',
    'rzg'       : 'Reuven Gevaryahu <>',

If any of you are still on this list, and have github accounts associated
with an email address, *AND* would like github to show your contributions
as being assicoated with your github account, please email me privately
and I'll add you to the cvs2git configuration that I'll use when and if we
do this.