[Xastir] Old Ubuntu Installation Notes

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 11:30:09 PDT 2016

What about making a section called "HowTo:OLD_Ubuntu", "HowTo:DEPRECATED",
or similar and copying the wiki-markup-text from the old pages into that
one. As long as there's a very visible marker between the sections, people
can search for section(s) of interest and know when to stop reading. Delete
the old individual pages after copied / verified to be complete in the
archive page(s). Just a suggestion: Interested in pros and cons of this
method.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm thinking we don't need installation notes for Ubuntu versions older
> than 12.04.  Does anyone have any concerns about deleting those from the
> Wiki?
>
> I've been updating installation notes mainly to reflect the change to
> Github. Here are a couple of examples.
>
> http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_14.04-16.04
> http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Debian_Jessie
>
> The two above not only include installation via Git, but also get us up to
> date on both Ubuntu and Debian.
>
> I'll also be looking to combine some of the existing notes so that we don't
> have so many.
>
> Lee - K5DAT

Curt, WE7U
http://we7u.wetnet.net