[Xastir] Pi 3 as tile server?

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:51:05 PDT 2016

I have a tile server running very smooth no problem on my MacBook Pro dual
booted with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 4Gb ram 250 GB SSD. The tile server has been
night and day for APRS with xastir.

 Before, I had to grab tiles from OSM, hope they stay in the cache, and
hope I got all of the tiles using tile grabber software. Now, I just
download a few GB file of Colorado and have the whole state offline and I
have had no problems whatsoever with it for 8 months now.

With some work I bet that a tile server can be installed on your raspberry
pi 3 and will server.

I think I used this tutorial
https://switch2osm.org/serving-tiles/building-a-tile-server-from-packages/

73