[Xastir] OSM Map Tiles

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 12:22:52 PDT 2016

You need ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick library support compiled into
Xastir, not the GUI or command-line packages. So it's usually some
libraries (and some header files if compiling Xastir from sources) that
need installing. Check Xastir's Help->About to see if it uses IM or GM and
install the libraries that correspond.

Almost the same for wget/libcurl, except you just need the command-line
wget if Xastir was compiled to use that, or libcurl if it was set up for
Curl (and libcurl headers if you're compiling Xastir from sources to use
Curl).

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Dick Smith <w4rss at radioclub.org> wrote:

> On 08/01/2016 05:22 PM, Curt Mills wrote:
>
>> Disable all maps in the Map Chooser. Turn off Auto Maps in the Map Menu.
>> Select exactly ONE map that you want in the Map Chooser and see if it
>> loads. Also start Xastir from an xterm so that you can look at that xterm
>> and see any error messages.
>>
>> Do you have either curl or wget, and either GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick
>> installed & compiled into Xastir?
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Dick Smith <w4rss at radioclub.org> wrote:
>>
> Thanks, Curt.
>
> That solved the problem with a laptop installation of Xastir very nicely.
> It hasn't helped the Pi.  I didn't have ImageMagick installed so I
> installed it.  Don't know whether it automatically syncs with Xastir or
> not, but so far not tiles showing.
>
> Dick

Curt, WE7U
http://we7u.wetnet.net