[Xastir] New Online Maps in Git (Canada & U.S.)

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Aug 18 09:59:25 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 09:13:31PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <xastir at trinnet.net> flavor, containing:

> Hey Tom,
>

> > May be a shot in the dark, but did you rerun bootstrap.sh before
> > reconfiguring, rebuilding and reinstalling?  If not, "make install" won't
> > install them.
>
> Yup.. I do that every time.  In the RPM spec file, I run:
>
> %build
> ./bootstrap.sh
> %configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libgeotiff"
> make %{?_smp_mflags}

Hrrm.  Well, it was worth asking.

I updated my source tree, reconfigured, rebuilt, reinstalled, and restarted
Xastir, and the new maps showed up immediately (they were indexed upon
starting Xastir, there was no need for me to do it manually).

So, that leaves a couple other things:

 - do the files

  Aerial.geo              Regional.geo            Topo1-10.geo
  Contours.geo            ShadedRelief.geo        TopoRelief1-7.geo
  Hydrography.geo         Sub_national.geo        Transportation.geo
  National.geo            Sub_regional.geo

  exist in your Xastir source tree at the top level?

 - Do the following lines appear in Makefile.am:

   nationalmapdir=${pkgdatadir}/maps/Online/nationalmap.gov
   nationalmap_DATA=Aerial.geo Contours.geo Hydrography.geo ShadedRelief.geo \
           Topo1-10.geo  TopoRelief1-7.geo Transportation.geo

   geogratismapdir=${pkgdatadir}/maps/Online/geogratis.gc.ca
   geogratismap_DATA=National.geo Regional.geo Sub_national.geo Sub_regional.geo

 - what does "git status" say in your source tree?
 - what does "git log --oneline" show in the source tree?