[Xastir] Installing Xastir on Raspberry Pi Model 2B

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Tue Dec 13 11:30:46 PST 2016

Hello Bill,

>> rates, try out 9600BAUD G3RUH (discriminator tap required), as well as new
>> 2400 and 4800BAUD based PSK modes, give Direwolf a try.
> Doesn't it also have 3600 QPSK?   That was the mode, with UZ7HO on
> windows, where we noticed the best performance using straight audio
> mic/speaker connections that didn't need flat audio discriminator
> connections.

No.. and I just checked the current 1.4-Dev branch which shows:
--
direwolf-git/direwolf$ git log | grep -i psk
     Add 2400 & 4800 PSK modems.  New functions to handle frames besides UI.

To your other point, Direwolf's 2400BAUD QPSK can use the regular
pre-emphasized audio connections but the 480BAUD QPSK signal requires a
direct-discriminator connection.  In playing with it, I found that the
4800BAUD signal is quite robust and noise tolerant compared to the G3RUH
FSK signal.

Anyway.. I've emailed WB2OSZ about maybe adding this mode some day to
add interop with UZ7HO's soundmodem.  With 3x the speed increase on the
existing radio hardware, that would be a nice improvement.

--David
KI6ZHD