[Xastir] Hardware suggestions

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 14:28:56 EST 2016

Do you need a full featured TNC or is KISS OK? My 9 year old TNC-X is acting squirrely on me as it no longer sending decodable packets to the localdigi that's 1200' from me.  I cobbled a Mobilinkd TNC to an H/T and bonded it to the laptop fine and after a little fiddling it's working fine.I leave the Mobilinkd connected to the USB port so the battery will charge automatically if it runs down and the H/T is using a power supply.
If you are doing a full blown digi/igate your needs may differ.
Kurt KC9LDH