[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:35:59 EST 2016

I'm not feeding them to RF, just displaying them on the local screen. You
can add the "-to_rf" flag to the xastir_udp_client call in the script to do
that, assuming Xastir is set up to gate. I'm using the ADS-B hexadecimal
identifiers as the name of the object, so everyone should end up
manipulating the same object in that case. These transmissions come in
pretty fast sometimes, so I'm not sure you'd want to try to gate these.
I'll bet you'll get complaints from messing up people's pretty displays too
with all the extra objects. ;-)

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u
http://www.sarguydigital.com