[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:19:34 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Fred Hillhouse Jr <fmhillhouse at comcast.net
> wrote:

> Whether sending to APRS.FI or not is a decision Hessu will need to make.
> Hessu does accept AIS data so maybe he would accept ADS-B as well.
>
> In the past, people (Pete?) working with APRS-IS has requested no AIS data
> to be uploaded to the APRS servers.
>
> Both AIS and ADS-B has the potential to provide too much data and is
> likely not welcome.

Which reminds me, I plan on tackling AIS in the near future (into Xastir).
Just have to figure out if I can receive AIS from my usual locations. I'm
not THAT far from Puget Sound so there should be some traffic to hear, even
if just the ferries. I'm near the Mukilteo ferry, so if those things
transmit a few miles, should give me data to test with.

--
Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u