[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:51:27 EST 2016

On Feb 23, 2016 2:25 PM, "Curt Mills" <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I hadn't actually tried the script yet when I wrote that - had just
looked
> > at the code.  It worked if I entered my callsign and passcode at the
> > command line, but it gave me errors about uninitialized ​variables if I
> > didn't.  It was easy to fix that, and since I was playing with the code,
> > anyway, I added the capability to grab the callsign from the xastir.cnf
> > file and use callpass to generate the passcode.
> >

> I intentionally released the code w/o that capability due to the
> possibility of injecting too many objects at once into either RF or the
> INET feeds. I'd rather people think about/know what they're doing WRT the
> callsign (manually).

OK, but we know the script doesn't use the RF option, anyway.  On the INET
side, does injecting via the udp client automatically send packets to the
IS server if there is a connection to one, i.e in order to make sure the
data is limited to a local display do we need to be sure there is no
Internet interface enabled?

Lee - K5DAT