[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:02:10 EST 2016

Yea, already added that but haven't checked it in yet. Also switched on AGC
in the RTL dongle and am receiving many more airplanes:

  ./dump1090 --interactive --net --aggressive --enable-agc

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:37 PM, David Brooke G6GZH <xastir at dbrooke.me.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 01:11:25PM -0800, Curt Mills wrote:
> > I should have thought of that! If you're using the same callsign to
> inject
> > as you're using in your Xastir instance, Xastir "adopts" those APRS Items
> > as its own and starts retransmitting them. We use that to good effect in
> > some instances to get Xastir to do that very thing.
>
> Ah OK. I've not really used Items but that would explain the delay if
> it's maintaining an Item it thinks it is responsible for.
>
> > Switch to a different SSID for injection and that problem should go away.
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I'll do that.
>
> It might be worth a warning in the comments so that others can be saved
> from the same embarrassment. 8-)
>
> David G6GZH

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u