[Xastir] New script: ads-b.pl for snagging airplane positions

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:12:21 EST 2016

I'm just testing at the moment, at multiple locations, so haven't built
anything. Using the telescoping antennas on the mag-mount that comes with
the dongles. Each dongle came with two screw-on whips, one short, one long.
I adjust them for the band I'm playing with at the time.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Brian Heaton <geekdownrange at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Curt,
>
> What antenna are you using? One of the coax collinears with construction
> articles on the bet or something different?
> On Feb 25, 2016 2:02 PM, "Curt Mills" <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yea, already added that but haven't checked it in yet. Also switched on
> AGC
> > in the RTL dongle and am receiving many more airplanes:
> >
> >   ./dump1090 --interactive --net --aggressive --enable-agc
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:37 PM, David Brooke G6GZH <
> xastir at dbrooke.me.uk>
> > wrote:

> > > inject
> > Items
> > in
> > >
> > > Ah OK. I've not really used Items but that would explain the delay if
> > > it's maintaining an Item it thinks it is responsible for.

> > away.
> > >
> > > Thanks for the explanation. I'll do that.
> > >
> > > It might be worth a warning in the comments so that others can be saved
> > > from the same embarrassment. 8-)
> > >
> > > David G6GZH

> > --
> > Curt, WE7U