[Xastir] Sharing serial port with Xastir

Danny mynixmail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 02:42:48 EST 2016

Hi Guys,

Prosperous new year for all ...

I have written an elaborate script trying to get gtkterm and Xastir sharing
/dev/ttyS1 ...

This is what I attempted to do:
.xinitrc
--------
- start Xastir
- get contents of /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1 (store it in a BASH variable)
- clear /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1 (not deleting the lock, just clear it)
- start GTKterm
- get GTKterm's PID (store it in a BASH variable)
- pipe GTKterm's PID into /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1
- do what I need to do with GTKterm and /dev/ttyS1
- clear /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1
- write Xastir's PID back into /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1 (from BASH variable)
- and repeat whenever necessary ...

But this does not seem to work ... even though I am piping GTKterm's PID into
the lock file Xastir still seems to have control over /dev/ttyS1 ...

There you go ...

Danny

On Dec 23 15, Jason KG4WSV :