[Xastir] RasPi make install error?

vk2tv vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Jan 15 05:14:15 EST 2016

Dex,

This is not an error, it is correct behavior for locally compiled programs.

Programs installed from <program name>.deb install to /usr/share and
such other locations without "local" whereas programs compiled locally
go into /usr/local/... or similar locations with "local" in the path.

That's been standard Debian behavior for at least 15 years.

Could your /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm be left over from a
previous xastir installation from the deb package? It would be safe to
move that stuff to /usr/local/share/.......

Ray vk2tv