[Xastir] Maps?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:19:31 PDT 2016

I'm currently using online maps: "Online/OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo"

You may have to hunt for an OSM extract in Shapefile format. I used to use
the "cloudmade" extracts and still have the ones for WA on this computer I
think.

You should be able to get quite a few different ones that use ESRI
Shapefile format working in Xastir, including Tigermap Shapefile maps. We
made the Tigermap Shapefiles work a few years ago, and one of my buddies
has been asking about getting the latest ones working... It's not that much
work to get new ones integrated in. It's usually just writing some more
"dbfawk" files to go with them.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM, David D. Clark <david at clarknm.com> wrote:

> So I just did a pull from git (7/14 1346h MDT), recompiled, et voila --
> weather polygons!
>
> On 07/14/2016 01:20 PM, David D. Clark wrote:
>
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> I am returning to using xastir after a fairly long period of not using
>> it. I have it compiled and running with everything except GDAL support.
>>
>> I have tried to get some offline maps but most of the links I have found
>> seem to be dead. Could somebody please point me to a source of something
>> like openstreetmaps for use with xastir?
>>
>> I have also noticed that weather alerts don't quite match what I see on
>> wundermap.com. I have connected to firenet to get the information. What
>> I am most critically missing is red flag warning. I am also not seeing any
>> weather polygons. From my searches I understand that there has been a lot
>> of changes to the data sources for these things since I last used xastir.
>> Could somebody please comment on what weather features the current version
>> of xastir is and is not capable of?
>>
>> Tnx es 73
>> Dave KJ5KG
>>

> --