[Xastir] Maps?

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 11:32:59 PDT 2016

We "needs" something ready made that neophytes and the geographically, academically impaired can just drop in a directoryre-index and then go.  I still have around some of the old Tiger 2006 and Cloudmade maps from 2008 from mine and surrounding states.  It's just too derned easy to have a drop-in solution.I believe that's what keeps the program from being used by more folks.  I probably would have stayed away from the program yearsago if it weren't for the ready-made solutions available at the time.The Xastir compiling scripts were really great to get all the bits and pieces into the program so one could experiment.Kurt KC9LDH