[Xastir] I'm back.. and I'm lost.

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Sat Jun 25 20:36:19 PDT 2016

Been off the air with APRS for about five years (antenna reached out
and touched by a maple, which got trimmed back today and then new
hardware put up on the house).  I looked on xastir.org and saw that
compiling is probably the best way to go to get running again, but
wasn't sure which version to grab.  On a whim I looked in macports and
was able to build 2.0.4 easily, which I now have running to at least
prove things are working.

Where should I be grabbing the latest (and/or stable) source to
compile?  I see mention from Tom earlier in the month that 2.1.0 is
the current stable, but I don't see a tag for that when I'm looking at
the CVS tree, in fact if I choose the stable tag everything looks to
be three years old.  Or is 2.0.4 not too bad, and I should be fine
with it?

Sorry to be an old noob... maybe now that I've got something in the
air for APRS again I'll pay more attention to this list I've been
subscribed to for years :D

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242