[Xastir] Ok, who's gating the ADS stuff to the Internet?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 11:39:57 EST 2016

Well, I _hope_ it addresses this. There may be a bug or two remaining in
xastir_udp_client or (God forbid!) Xastir itself...

I'll rig up a test, probably with a Perl script pretending to be an
internet server, to see what gets gated through and when. Might not be this
week though.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

> The revised script that Curt put in CVS last Friday addresses this.  The
> new script increments the SSID if the call + SSID used for object injection
> matches the one in use by Xastir.  The gating into the internet or RF only
> happens when there's a match.
>
> Lee - K5DAT
> On Mar 2, 2016 7:43 PM, "davidf4" <davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > The ADS stuff (or perhaps the object code) also needs a "time since
> > heard/tx'ed" function so if it is being Tx'ed, it cancels the object if
> it
> > hasn't been heard in 10-15 min...that should then remove the trail and
> > clean
> > up the display a little also...rather than waiting for the standard fade
> > out
> > and then disappear code...

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u