[Xastir] rocket tracker

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 21:49:11 EST 2016

> On Mar 12, 2016, at 6:36 PM, Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Why do the hardware exercise since the EggFinder receiver bonds to any laptopand your script does the chores nicely?

Because  I would like to have multiple trackers online/in the air simultaneously, and I would like to do it without needing a ground station receiver for every operating tracker (about $60 for one xbee ground station, plus all the complexity) and the extra configuration complexity of using multiple xbee pairs simultaneously. It's also easier to get APRS back onto the air for consumption on a D72, D700, etc.

It's also a little bit of an experiment in creating an APRS RF network on a layer 2 protocol other than AX.25.

-j