[Xastir] 'Server Ports' addressing issue

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:19:04 EDT 2016

I wrote a nice little Perl script which creates a listening socket for
Xastir to connect to, displaying all packets Xastir sends to it. Useful for
testing just this sort of thing. I intended to check it in to CVS so other
people could do the same. Probably will now.

Yea, if the packet format isn't right, we should look at it. Who's "we"
anyway?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Eric Christensen <eric at christensenplace.us>
wrote:

> I was experimenting with the server ports functionality in Xastir a
> couple of weeks ago and I found a potential bug.
>
> Packets that leave the network-connected device appear to be third-party
> packets and, thus, are not relayed to the Internet.  I wonder if this
> can changed so that the packets just appear to have been relayed (in the
> unproto path) by the core station?
>
> 73,
> Eric WG3K

Curt, WE7U