[Xastir] Missing dependency for gpx2shape

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Mar 21 22:36:14 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 09:16:42PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <eric at christensenplace.us> flavor, containing:
> On 03/21/2016 08:03 PM, Tom Russo wrote:
> > ogr2ogf -f "ESRI Shapefile" <output directory> input.gpx
>
> Okay, I think I was doing the opposite (-f "GPX").  Thanks for the
> command!  Nonetheless, this is what I get from that command:
>
> $ ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" . TdC_100.gpx

When you get your gdal install fixed, you might not want to use "." as the
directory.  Give it a name like "TdC_100" and it'll create a new subdirectory
with all the files in it.  If you do it with "." it'll dump 'em all in one
place with names like "trail_points.shp" or whatever, and it can
clutter your directory pretty badly (or clobber other conversions).

And whatever you do, never, ever do:

   ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" TdC_100.gpx Foobar.shp

(i.e. putting input and output in that order, like every normal Unix command,
because it'll use your intended input file as the destination file, and clobber
it).