[Xastir] Setting 1200-baud modem deviation using RTL SDR dongle

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:57:12 PDT 2016

Note: I tested out the procedure with a Wavetek signal generator, varying
the deviation, and the RTL dongle + Linux software tracked right with it.

http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:Set_Deviation_via_RTL

Anyone should be able to set deviation now using only a $20 RTL dongle.
TCXO type much preferred 'cuz you don't have to calibrate them for this
application.

On Sat, May 7, 2016 at 9:45 AM, David Ranch <xastir at trinnet.net> wrote:

> Very cool Curt and thanks for posting that.  I'm going to give this a try
> using Andy's HAM Radio ISO from a bootable USB pen drive.
>
>    https://sourceforge.net/projects/kb1oiq-andysham/files/
>
> A good use of the work laptop on the weekend to tune up a Direwolf packet
> setup!
>
> --David

Curt, WE7U
http://wetnet.net/~we7u