[Xastir] Starting xastir.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 18 16:45:20 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 09:29:12AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <vk3xci at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> David, Tom,
> Thanks for the help. It's all coming back out the way it went in...
> slowly   :-)
> No sign of icon.png for xastir on build 2.0.0-2.1ubuntu1 but no matter.
> Launching from the main menu with the default icon.

Xastir 2.0.0 is *ANCIENT*.  You are much better off pitching that and building
from source.  The current version is 2.0.7, released in April, 2015.  2.0.0
was released in October 2010.  There have been bug fixes and compatibility
updates since then that are important to get.

One of those was the introduction the icon file, which happened in
October 2012.  That's why you don't have it.

Clearly, whoever created the Xastir package on your system has abandoned the
package and not kept it current.  You will be much better served building
from source.