[Xastir] Starting xastir.

Iain R. Learmonth iain at learmonth.me
Thu May 19 02:30:13 PDT 2016

Hi,

On 18/05/16 23:01, Norm McMillan wrote:
> trolled around a few threads re starting xastir from a terminal or from a
> .desktop. At the moment I'm starting it from a terminal, which of course
> stays open behind the application.
> Writing a .desktop is trivial... but

I now include a .desktop file in the Debian package, though I think this
update missed the Jessie release. (I'm the Debian maintainer for Xastir).

http://sources.debian.net/src/xastir/2.0.6-4/debian/xastir.desktop/

Stick this into /usr/share/applications and it will appear nicely. You
may need to install the extra-xdg-menus package in order to have the
Hamradio submenu in your applications menu.

Thanks,
Iain.