[Xastir] Different symbols for symbols with overlays

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sat Oct 15 09:07:44 PDT 2016

Hessu, author of aprs.fi, did some symbol work and has released his
symbols for general use.  He's using SVG as a vector source which can
then be rendered for use in older bitmap-based clients like xastir and
APRSISCE/32.  If you're doing new symbols, it would seem to make sense
to do them in a vector format that extends to the future and render them
for use in xastir.

Just my $0.02 for whatever it is worth to you.

http://blog.aprs.fi/2015/11/new-symbol-graphics-and-better-support.html

https://github.com/hessu/aprs-symbols