[Xastir] New member Intro and question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:35:54 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Joel Vazquez, AE4SR <
ae4sr.radioop at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are no still maps, and I run it this morning after the reply.  I
> thought the script should put install them, but I was wrong.
>
> Joel, AE4SR

​"make install" issued either manually or via the script will install the
OSM map geo files in ​"/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online".  Is that where
you deleted them from (and where you were expecting them to be reinstalled
by the script)?  If you were running either an older version of Xastir or a
binary version previously, the map files would have been installed
previously in a different location.  If that's the case you may have a
leftover configuration file pointing to the wrong location for the map
files.

If you issue...
cat ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf | grep /usr

The result below is what's expected.  If the paths to those locations are
different in your case, you have an old xastir.cnf file that needs to be
updated.  If that's the case you can edit the ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf
file and change the paths to match what is shown below, or you can simply
delete the file and let Xastir create a new one.  In that case you would
have to re-configure your station settings, etc.

PREVIEWER_PROGRAM:/usr/bin/gv
AUTO_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
ALERT_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/Counties
SELECTED_MAP_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/maps
SYMBOLS_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/symbols
SOUND_DIR:/usr/local/share/xastir/sounds
GNIS_FILE:/usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/WA.gnis
GEOCODE_FILE:/usr/local/share/xastir/GNIS/geocode

​Best,
Lee - K5DAT
​