[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 332, Issue 1

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Fri Sep 30 12:52:20 PDT 2016

On 01/10/16 08:00, Lee Bengston wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Joel Vazquez, AE4SR <
> ae4sr.radioop at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >Thanks Lee for the reply,
>> >I check the conf file and the entries are the same, just as yours.  I
>> >delete the file from/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/   .
>> >
>> >?OK, so that's all good.
> ?
>

>> >I just try to run the script again and, after the update part, this is the
>> >outcome:
>> >
>> >?---<snip>---?
>> >
>> >fatal: destination path 'Xastir' already exists and is not an empty
>> >directory.
>> >
>> >?I believe that revealed a difference between Git and CVS?.  I'm thinking
> Git must check for an empty directory before it downloads Xastir.  An easy
> fix for now would be to delete your ~/src/Xastir directory and re-run the
> script.
>
> ?Lee - K5DAT?

In the words of Hex, the Thinking Engine at Unseen University on the
(Terry Pratchett) Discworld:
+ + + re-do from start + + +
:)

And Joel, there was a hint earlier on that may have saved a lot of
'kerfuffle'.
Be always aware that Linux is case-sensitive: 'Xastir' is different to
(differs from - ain't English wonderful?) 'xastir', and occurs only in
the ~/src directory..

Hopefully helpfully,
Dex, ZL2DEX