[Xastir] RasPi upgrade continued ...

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:29:24 PDT 2017

sorry for the stream of blathering, this is the last from me (unless
someone asks a question)...

cleaned up the mess after apt-get autoremove (which was pretty much
apt-get all of the development stuff mentioned in the wiki for Jessie
builds).  recompiled xastir.

lxpanel still crashes, even with recompile.

the pi is also dog slow.

I'm curious how it would behave for a clean Stretch install, but I
don't really have time to chase it any further now.  If you have
xastir on Jessie, my advise is stay there.  That's my plan for my
non-destroyed xastir pi.

with anything pi-based, if you don't have a spare uSD card to play
with at least image the card you do have so you can roll back if
things go wrong.

-Jason
kg4wsv