[Xastir] newbie... problems with compiling from source

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Dec 4 11:32:55 PST 2017

On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 11:22:27AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <orrin.winton at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> Then I do this:
> cd Xastir
> ./bootstrap.sh           and yes, Makefile.am is created.

Bootstrap.sh does NOT create Makefile.am, it USES Makefile.am as input.  It
should create Makefile.in and configure, among other things.

Did it create "configure" in the current directory, or were there errors from
bootstrap?

> Then I do this:
>
> cd ~/src/Xastir
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff"
>
> and the response i get is: bash:  ../configure: No such file or directory

It sounds like bootstrap didn't work, because bootstrap is supposed to create
configure in the Xastir source tree.  Could you post the output of bootstrap.sh
and perhaps the output of "ls -lrt" in the top-level Xastir directory?