[Xastir] what is the color code for attached devices?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Dec 7 15:30:55 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 11:14:56PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> flavor, containing:

> Question:?? What is the color coding in the lower right corner for attached devices?
> I realize the two green bars mean the port is attached and the middle flashing bar means it's active butwhat does a blue bar mean??? Is it an indication that a device port has been designated and is not active?

There are three rows:  lower row are green if the interface is enabled, middle
row flashing shows when data is coming or going on the interface.   Top
row indicates interface type by color coding.

Blue are serial TNCs (KISS or otherwise).  Yellow are network connections
(APRS-IS or other Xastir instances, frex).  Reddish/Orangish are weather
station connections.

I'm sure there are other colors, as there are other interface types, but
these are the only interface types I have, and so are the only colors I
see right now.

The code that paints these things isn't something I can locate quickly to see
how it works.  Perhaps Curt knows where it is and can give a more definitive
list of color/type mappings.