[Xastir] FIXED No iGate, please help

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Thu Feb 16 16:22:32 PST 2017

> - use good passwords (google that one, several articles available)
> - keep the OS patched regularly. turn on automatic updates if patching isn't part of your routine. Yes, a bad patch _can_ cause trouble but unless you have the vigilance of a paranoid sysadmin you're far more likely to be burned by lack of a patch than a bad patch.
>
> There are other things (turning off unused services,  change passwords regularly, use layered defenses, etc) but if you cover these 3 you're unlikely to be compromised in a typical environment.

I completely agree with Jason that there is a lot of little things that
need to be done to secure a Raspberry Pi (or any other Linux box
connected to the raw Internet).  In addition to all that, the Raspberry
Pi platform poses unique challenges since it uses flimsy storage (SD
card), prone to power issues, can be in a high RF environment, etc.  As
such, I've been working on a Rpi hardening document document if anyone
is interested:

    #Actually is RPi3 centric now
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/RPi/rpi2-setup.html

--David