[Xastir] Telemetry messages here in St. Louis

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:43:11 PST 2017

Hi,

I am running Xastir Version 2.0.9 here in the St. Louis, MO vicinity.  I
am connected to both rf and the internet.  On the internet I use a
filter of r/38/-90/200.  I like to view the map, the incoming packets,
and messages so I normally have three windows open on one monitor.

There a couple of stations that send telemetry data from their station
to their station as a message.  This series of messages is usually about
four in a sequence and happens a few times each hour. One station uses
rf and the other uses TCPIP for their telemetry.  I would prefer to not
see these messages in my messages window as they tend to fill the
message window and not allow me to see the few actual APRS user messages
unless I scroll.

In the past I have eliminated the telemetry messages by using Xastir to
limit my viewing of messages to a fourteen mile radius - but I don't
like to do that as I miss many other actual local messages between
various hams.

Is there a way to filter out messages from these two stations that are
sending telemetry data to their own callsign?

Why are these two stations sending "site operational data" to themselves
via APRS.  Is this proper use?

Here is some of the data being sent.  I am leaving out callsigns.

PARM.Vin,Rx1h,Dg1h,Eff1h,Temp,O1,O2,O3,O4,I1,I2,I3,I4
UNIT.Volt,Pkt,Pkt,Pcnt,F,On,On,On,On,Hi,Hi,Hi,Hi
EQNS.0,0.075,0,0,10,0,0,10,0,0,1,0,0,0.9,-83.2
T#062,164,107,011,076,128,00000000

Thanks,

Bill
KG0YJ