[Xastir] Off-topic: Rx eight freq. at once via RTL SDR: Send to Icecast

Dana Rawding dana at twc-inc.net
Thu Jan 19 10:04:00 PST 2017

I’m interested to hear more!  I’ve been doing something similar using gqrx and a RTL-SDR receiver to scan the frequencies I’m interested in.  I pipe it out to vlc with the following:
cvlc --demux=rawaud --rawaud-channels=1 --rawaud-samplerate=48000 udp://@:7355 --sout '#standard{access=http,mux=ogg,dst=192.168.X.X:8888}’

It sounds like you have a much more elegant solution.  If two frequencies are active at once do you hear both?  The way I do it works like a traditional scanner but I think your method is more like an ACARS scanner which listens to multiple frequencies at once.  I’m also interested in how you are able to do 8 freqs as the best I’ve been able to do is 4.  Are your frequencies are relatively close together?  For instance using this method I’m able to listen to multiple freqs from 130 to 132 but I can’t pick up the channels in 136 because the sdr doesn’t have enough bandwidth.

Dana
N1OFZ