[Xastir] get-NWSdata script

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jul 6 20:07:12 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 05:47:41PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kg4pid at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> I just did an "update-xastir" and a "get-NWSdata" and??I didn't see any errors.??Are there any other updates that need to??be done periodically? How often should I run these to stay current???

It's a matter of personal preference, and how important weather alerts are
to you.  The county shapefiles are updated often, but in my area the relevant
data doesn't actually change.  I only update my NWS shapefiles every few
years (when I updated today to test the fixes to the script, it was the first
time I had done so in 5 years, and have had no problems displaying weather
alerts at all).  Others seem to want to have the latest ones
at all times.

So, your mileage will likely vary.