[Xastir] Problems getting libax25-dev to install in support of xastir install

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Tue Jul 11 22:04:25 PDT 2017

I imagine this user is using the VE7FET AX.25 sources that contained
some significant fixes that weren't in the Official AX.25 sources some
time ago:

    https://github.com/ve7fet/linuxax25
    --
    ax25-apps: 1.0.5
    ax25-tools: 1.0.3

It seems the VE7FET repo is now becoming stale (late update was May
2016) yet the Official AX.25 sources have been getting attention again
(last update was June 2017).  Unfortunately, there haven't been any new
tagged versions in the Official AX.25 repo a VERY VERY long time.  I
also don't know if the official AX.25 repos applied a lot of the fixes
that were put into the VE7FET repo.  Ultimately, none of these
improvements found in the Official AX.25 repo will make it into a
mainline Linux distro until they tag something new and make an official
release.

--David
KI6ZHD