[Xastir] API Key Required OSM

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Thu Jul 27 22:48:04 PDT 2017

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:06:57 PM PDT Skyler F wrote:
> On the OSM Tiled Cycle Maps, I am getting the "API KEY REQUIRED" warning on
> the map tiles.
>
> So I signed up for an API key here: (free for 150,000 tiles each month)
> http://www.thunderforest.com/docs/apikeys/
>
> The format for the API key is:
>
> https://{s}.tile.thunderforest.com/outdoors/{z}/{x}/{y}.png?apikey=
> <http://tile.thunderforest.com/outdoors/%7Bz%7D/%7Bx%7D/%7By%7D.png?apikey=>
> <insert-your-apikey-here>
>
> Is there any way to embedd this API key in xastirs .geo map files??

The API key has to be tacked onto the end of the URL and with the current way
that Xastir handles the .geo files that can't be done without code changes.

About a month ago I did some preliminary work and added an APIKEY field to the
.geo file and modified map_geo.c, tile_mgmnt.c and map_OSM.c to use it.  It
worked but I'm not convinced that putting the key in each individual .geo file
is the best way to go for reasons that escape me right now.   I was busy with
another project and haven't had time to revisit the changes.
--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries.....
It's more like a jar of jalapenos.
What you do today is likely to come back and burn you in the butt tomorrow.