[Xastir] Xastir on raspberrypi to SCS PTCIIpro for Robust packet Radio

Menga giuseppe.menga at polito.it
Tue Jun 13 22:33:49 PDT 2017

Curt,
in order to connect Xastir to the SCS PTC modem, I used the interface
"Serial KISS TNC". The configuration window of this interface doesn't allow
to define Setup and Shutdown files.
I'm surprise that the modem worked correctly, even if not KISS message
appeared in the information window of the modem, maybe it was a coincidence.
In fact I'm used to send in advance to the modem baud rate of the
trasmission (300 bps), the timing etc.
To be able to specify setup and Shutdown files I have to use the interface
"Serial TNC". The two configuration windows, a part from the fields for the
file names, are almost identical. I will try.
Then I have a question: which difference exists in the behaviour of Xatris
in selecting one or the other of the two configurations?
Giuseppe
IZ1GCL